We all have paper scraps! No matter what we create... layouts, tags and more. Instead of throwing them away, let's see what other creative things that we can do with them! I keep a plastic bag tied to my table and add all my paper scraps to it as I go. This way, when I get ready to, I can create adorable things!
1. You can use these small scraps to create punches - Flowers, Dots, etc.
2. Use to make confetti
3. Use to make paper bunting. Take the little strips, cut them into rectangles and then fold them in half over twine.
4. Create mosaics
6. Make your own stickers. Cut out or draw your design and add it to double sided tape.
8. Stamp random images on scraps, trim around, and then use these for accents
9. Decorate pages in your art journal
10. Fold in half to make little gift cards
11. Make a little tree with layers. How cute would this be with patterned papers too!
This is my VERY 'rough' draft, lol
13. Use to line envelopes
14. Donate it to schools, preschools, etc.
15. Make little notecards, cut them down to size
16. Give to a beginner scrapbooker who needs all the help they can get
17. Create borders and backgrounds
18. Cut out pages for mini albums
19. Shred and use for packing
22. Sew them together to create a background. Tutorial here
23. Create little things and make magnets
24. Use to cut alpha out of them
25. Create titles for layouts and cards
26. Journaling spots.... you can mat them also for extra dimension
27. Cut out a bunch of circles, scalloped circles, etc and sew them together to create a garland
28. Cut imperfect circles, crumple up, then uncrumple, layer them together, attach with a brad and you have a flower. You can also ink the edges after it's been put together too, to give detail and dimension.
29. Cut triangles or similar shapes to create photo corners
30. Make a little matchbook notebook - Found a tutorial here
31. Create a title with a bunch of punched out circles:
32. Add a bunch to cover a notebook
33. Sew some together in a block pattern, to make a paper quilt.
34. Cover lids to jars. You can find a tutorial here if you need one.
35. How to decoupage using paper scraps here
36. Create wall art... here's some inspiration HERE
37. Card templates using scraps here and I made one too
38. Make paper dolls, outfits, paper piece together outfits for your tear bears and critters
39. Make clothespin dolls... Here is an image of one to give you an idea
41. Small photo mats
42. Crumple, Crimp, etc. and layer to create texture on a background or detail
43. Make paper daisies. You can find a tutorial here
44. Have a scrap swapping party! Everyone get together and swap scraps because we know we are ALL sick of looking at the same paper, over and over and over!
45. Cover a chipboard shape or letter
46. Make napkin rings
47. Add to the bottom of clear glass or clear pebbles to make magnets and stuff like that ;)
48. Cover wooden clothespins
49. Create labels. Maybe to use in your pantry, organization, etc.
50. Make a bookmark
51. Line the bottom of little gift boxes
52. Cover a scrabble tile or scrabble style block to make a pendant
53. Fold over to make tabs in your albums or pull out journaling cards
54. Making embellishments tutorial
55. Weave it! Great tutorial HERE
56. Use paper scraps to decoupage a bowl like THIS
57. Create a LOVE jar, or something similar. Take your paper strips, write little messages, or why you love that person and then fold and put in the jar.
59. Make paper mache (paper mache tutorial here)
60. Make a birds nest bowl (Birds Nest Tutorial HERE)
61. Make tiny envelopes - click on any image to enlarge, download and print :)
62. Stamp, Stain and Decorate scraps to make backgrounds for ATC Cards.
This lady has some easy ideas with items we already have laying around HERE
63. Cut out shapes and glitter the ENTIRE shape for a blingy embellishment!
64. Create paper buttons! Punch a circle then take a smaller punch and punch two holes in the center!
65. Make little bows. Fold each in half, glue the ends. Then you will point each towards the center