Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Loving Hand Stamped Hang Tags

I am soooooo in love with my tags! I created these yesterday and I was really happy with them. I am usually my own worst critic, so trust me, arrogance is not me :) I think I really liked them when they were done because of the light aqua with the brown. That's one of my fave color combos right now. What's yours? Somebody was mentioning that GAP has a summer collection out and that's their fave color palette right now. I guess I will have to google that as the closest GAP store is about an hour away, and the last time I was in that general area, I had both the kids with me, alone, and they were hungry. Therefor, there was no way I was going shopping! lol. So here are my tags.....

Sunshine and Seashells Hang Tags - Jute Twine and Vintage Inspired

These measure about 2 inches by 3 inches. They are handstamped with a sepia ink and teal. I use staz-on ink. I love that ink for making the ribbon/trim too that I hand stamp. It is permanent. I then prestrung them with a thinner jute twine. They are blank white on the back, which is nice if you are going to use these as gift wrap, labels, etc. I rounded the tops with my corner rounder and then hand aged the edges with coordinating ink.

Sunshine and Seashells Hang Tags - Jute Twine and Vintage Inspired

Sea Breeze and Sea Shells - Vintage Inspired Shabby Chic Hang Tags

I love these too! With these, I took khaki material, hand torn/frayed it, it's on the thinner side (maybe a half an inch) and then stamped the background with seashells. I tried to have them look a "little" faded, just to continue the vintage look. I then stamped them with the text "Sea Breeze" in teal. These also measure about 2 inches by 3 inches. (approx. I have all the details with them listed on etsy).

Sea Breeze and Sea Shells - Vintage Inspired Shabby Chic Hang Tags

Happy Tagmaking! :)
Emily

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your tags too! Love the inked edges! It makes them look more finished than just plain edges!

Emily @SweetlyScrapped said...

Hi Kathy! Thank you! Yes, it's gotten to the point that I just can't seem to make anything without the inked edges. It finalizes it and make it look finished. I just love the look. I am so glad you do too! :)

C. said...

I don't scrapbook or do anything like this so I am blown away! These are so cool!

Emily @SweetlyScrapped said...

Thank you :) I really appreciate your sweet comments :)